A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

11.11.2007

Corcoran 1869


The Corcoran's 1869 Society hosted their annual Fall Fete last night. Saw a few people from my usual hard-core arty crowd (always fun) and a few people I did not expect to run into (also fun!). But what was really cool: several hundred people who were completely new to me. Not that I know THAT many people around town, but at an arty event, I expect to know more than a handful. This is a very good thing! I am always happy when art draws folks who might not normally spend much time with it.

In the picture above, my new good buddy Angela Valdez on the left, a great writer for the City Paper who moved to DC earlier this year and made her mark with a polarizing article about Late Night Shots. Don't know what that is? You're probably better off. Cute Ellen on the right played my arm candy for the night. I have to call her that because (1) she is very cute, and (2) she is one of four Ellens that I know. Over my right shoulder is a girl named Johanna whose funny fashion blog I read daily. When I first saw her there, I was irrationally anxious that I might end up on her list of DC fashion faux pas. But I also eagerly yearned for her to notice that I was wearing a flattering and unusual Vivienne Westwood frock - wish I'd gotten a full-length picture of this gorgeous dress with my sexy, strappy, spiky gold shoes.

Becky Jones and Anne Surak from Project 4 Gallery wearing exquisite vintage dresses, with art collector extraordinaire and all-around good guy Henry Thaggert in a smashing tuxedo coat.


Lauren Gentile, art director at Irvine Contemporary and a member of the 1869 Society's steering committee.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I drank lots of champagne, but no Red Bull, how did I get crazy eyes in the picture??!

AND thank you so much for coming!

-Lauren G

2:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Is that the same Henry Thaggert that went to Russia and Mongolia with the Tulane group about 15 years ago? If so, could you tell him that John Harrington sends his greetings and pass along my email address (john@johneharrington.com)?

I'd love to hear what he's been up to all these years...

John H.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Johanna said...

Looked so much better on you...

http://dlisted.com/node/21061

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home