A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

9.14.2007

Olga Viso leaving Hirshhorn

I just got back from NYC this morning so am a couple days behind on this sad news, but Olga Viso is leaving the Hirshhorn for the Walker Art center in Minneapolis. This is a HUGE loss for the DC art scene and for the Hirshhorn. Much of the reason for my involvement with the Hirshhorn has been because I liked her so much (along with the other brilliant young curators who I hope will continue to work there!). Olga has great artistic vision and is an inspiring and soothing presence. Rats!

Read more about it in the New York Times and the Washington Post.

* I just noticed that my buddy Ken Cedeno should be credited with taking this photograph of Olga that I took off the NY Times website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home