A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

5.20.2007

I met Jimmy Webb!

Back in March, I wrote about an article I'd read in the New Yorker on Jimmy Webb, the manager of Trash and Vaudeville, a well-known punk clothing store in the East Village. I won't bore you with all the details of how reading about this man inspired and moved me and how I finally settled on the name of my arts organization - The Pink Line Project - because of him. (This was after months and months of torturing my clever friend Jonathan, with whom I'd tasked with thinking of a name - he's very creative that way and he totally came through. Thanks, Jonathan!!) So when I was in New York this weekend, I made the pilgrimage to T&V to meet Jimmy and tell him so. Jimmy is the sweetest man! I think my story touched him and we both got misty-eyed and hugged each other a lot and Jimmy gave me his personal cell number and said I could call him anytime. Jimmy rocks!

These are the shoes I bought from him:

2 Comments:

Blogger BaskingShark said...

Oh, that is just so cool!! I have to meet him some day. I love how he is holding your card in that great photo.

9:04 AM

 
Blogger amylouwhosews said...

I LOVE those shoes - so retro and punk. They remind me of creepers....

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home