A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

5.11.2007

Wolfgang Tillmans - genius!


After the Wolfgang Tillmans talk last night at the Hirshhorn, I was standing on the sidewalk outside the building with a few people who'd also been at the lecture when Tillmans walked out and stood near us in conversation with another person. I wanted to go over and introduce myself and tell him how much his talk inspired and moved me, something I would normally do in this kind of situation. Instead, I stewed about what I perceived had been an earlier social slight toward me by someone in our impromptu group - I expended valuable mental energy and put myself in a generally ornery mood. (Very disappointed in myself.) As a result, I didn't make any effort to speak to Mr. Tillmans and missed the chance to meet one of the most amazing artists of our time, the Gerhard Richter of our generation. I will be depressed about this until another opportunity presents itself when I can reverse the karma and prove to myself that I am not such a small-minded, petty person. From what I could tell, I doubt Tillmans would have allowed such triflings to waste his time and get in the way of seizing everything life offers and experiencing utter happiness at every point along life's short journey.

Read more about Tillmans here.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoogirl! I think I love you! We have a lot in common. I can't find your e-mail address. Drop me a line at zen@zenwaiter.com Love your adventurous traveling spirit, sounds in line with mine. You are beautiful. Your energy is awesome, and yeah, you do look a little like Renee Z. Have a good one. Zen

12:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home