A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

2.28.2008

Wooster Collective is awesome!


This image of street artist Gaia's work showed up on the Wooster Collective site on Tuesday. Coincidentally, I got to meet Gaia last night at the Katzen before the founders of the Wooster Collective, Marc and Sara Schiller, gave a talk about how they started their site, which is dedicated to "showcasing and celebrating ephemeral art placed on streets in cities around the world." And it just happens that they included a piece by Gaia in their presentation without knowing he'd be in the audience. Then by happy coincidence again, Gaia ended up joining us for dinner after the talk. This kid is going places people! I wish I could have been that articulate, insightful, and confident at that age. Hell, I wish I could be that articulate, insightful, and confident at THIS age. Plus he has crazy amazing talent. Keep an eye on him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

it was nice running into you at the event. would love work on a "spring street"-esque event here in DC.

3:05 AM

 
Blogger hoogrrl said...

takeyah: I don't think I have your email address! will you please send it to me!?

7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home