A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

10.14.2007

Luster pics from Joe

My buddy Joe Flood is an amazing writer, but he appears to be a pretty darn good photographer too.




The Painted Ladies dazzled us again with their striking costumes and poses. I loved the fairy wings!

Kate Hardy's cool art installation - golden, whimsical objects that provide an interactive art experience with instant and affordable gratification.



I am really not making this up . . . people ask me some form of this question on average once a week: "Has anyone ever told you you look like Renee Zellwegger?" I am only mentioning this yet again because it came up several times this weekend. I think my lustery dress might have had something to do with it.

UPDATE:

In case you didn't know, my birthday was also on Saturday. I got so busy planning Luster that I didn't do my usual mega-celebration. Maybe I was a little bit bummed about getting older too ... until today. A friend I've known for a few years just sent me this super nice email:
btw, meant to tell you this, and I'm not just trying to be nice-- what ever you've done with yourself, you look better now than when I first knew you. So many women go downhill pretty quickly through their thirties- not you.
Totally made my year! [huge silly grin.]

UPDATE 2:

I like this line from a Wallace Stevens poem that Martin Irvine remembered.
…a woman in threadless gold
Burns us with the brushings of her dress…

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Goldberg said...

Here's a few more Luster photos for your collection...

http://sarahgoldberg.blogspot.com

Great event.

1:51 AM

 
Blogger amylouwhosews said...

It's true - the part about you looking great! Looks like the event was fantastic too!

10:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics! i think that's the only one i've seen of myself.

12:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment! It was a really fun event to shoot :)

Joe

10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home