A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

8.06.2007

Will Beckham play on Thursday??


I have tickets to see the game on Thursday between DC United and LA Galaxy. Although I love soccer and played a fair amount of it back in the day, I have not been a very good fan of our local team. This week's game will be the first I'll have attended since the opening season! And what motivated me to wake up at 5 AM* to buy two tickets to a soccer game? The incredibly hot David Beckham, of course! But will he play? Is he washed up? Did he leave Europe just as his aging body was starting to break down? Maybe he thought that as a relatively new nation of soccer lovers, we wouldn't notice that he's slowed down, that he doesn't have the same magic moves anymore. Even if he doesn't play, I heard he might show up to wave to his devoted fans. That'd be ok with me, as long as he takes his shirt off, too.


*I was in LA the day tickets went on sale at 8 AM EDT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home