A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

2.28.2010

"Philippa's Picks" in Capitol File


I got another opportunity to write about DC artists I like, this time in Capitol File magazine. Featured artists: Robin Rose, Laurel Lukaszewski, and Chris Tousimis. I spent a good amount of time talking to these three but had to condense our great conversations into 75 words each. Not an easy task given how interesting they are and the depth of their work and history.

I also got to interview one of my favorite museum directors ever, Dorothy Kosinski who has been leading The Phillips Collection only since 2008 but has been making quite a splash in the DC art scene. Actually she's not just one of my fave museum directors, she's one of my fave arty people ever. She's really energized the Phillips and I foresee more excellent stuff happening there as she returns the museum to its experimental roots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home