A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

11.24.2008

Gaia rocks

Wooster Collective likes Gaia as much as I do! They interviewed him a couple days ago and reading it reminded me of how impressive this kid is.

Gaia describes his work:

My emotional relationship with the important people within my life is what inspires the content of my work. My art is deeply personal and cathartic. I try to maintain an honest articulation of both my frustrations and felicity in each piece. Whether it is the celebration of a burgeoning young boy who I once babysat or the valediction of a person who lives in my past, I want to express a feeling that can be fundamentally understood by the viewer. I am very interested in communicating these passions on the street and in an attempt to relate to others through the imagery.

I put my work up in order to reactivate a space and reconsider our modern notion of property and domain. By applying my work to a surface or installing an environment in an urban setting, I am establishing a new significance and understanding of a particular space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home