A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

11.04.2008

Biennial virus


Roberta Smith scorns biennials, which she says are viruses that have spread across the globe. But she seemed to like Prospect.1:
It proves that biennials can be just as effective when pulled off without bells, whistles, big bucks and the usual suspects. Maybe even more effective, especially if the local cultural soil is spectacularly fertile, and if there’s a citywide need for uplift.
One of the reasons Dan Cameron chose to organize a biennial in New Orleans was to get people to come to New Orleans. And maybe even come back. He certainly won me over! I've been telling everyone I know to go before the biennial closes January 18. And I am already plotting my next visit to New Orleans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home