A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

10.21.2008

Top of the crane

I walked out almost to the end of the long end of the crane, about 10 feet short of the tip, stopping where there was no more handrail to death-grip!

I used to live on the top floor of a building in a place with big windows and a pretty nice view. Then two buildings went up in quick succession right next door. Though I hated the buildings for blocking my view, it was really fun watching the construction progress. And it was especially cool to watch the cranes being built. I always wanted to go to the top of one of them and kept bugging my friend Colin who is an architect to take me up on a crane if one was ever being used for one of his building projects. He himself had never even been to the top of one before today. And for good reason. It's super dangerous! But exhilarating and thrilling. Awesome! My stomach is still doing somersaults. No tethers. No webbing to catch us if we fell.

Good morning Washington, DC!


Looking down about 125 feet. Note my shoes. I'd worn sneakers to the work site, which I thought were sensible, but the foreman said I had to wear work boots. He lent me his extra pair, which were a little too big. Did not feel particularly safe scampering around this glorified jungle gym in floppy shoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylouwhosews said...

I for sure would have lost my lunch over that one. Could you imagine bungee jumping off something like that?! Woah.

7:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

awesome!! good guts

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home