A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

9.29.2008

The Factory DC

Photo by Anthony Smallwood.

I stopped in at Fight Club the other day to visit my friend Anthony and stumbled into a profusion of creativity! In the side yard, a guy was assembling a large-scale mesh sculpture. In one room, another guy was carefully drawing out a new section of a skateboard ramp on sheets of plywood. In the main gallery, half a dozen graffiti artists were writing new pieces on large canvases. Through all of it, Anthony was clicking away on his camera documenting the scene. It was DC's version of a Warholian Factory!

Words Beats & Life Inc., an organization that helps graff writers find alternative outlets to express themselves while also benefiting their communities, organized the graff artists, who were commissioned by Youth AIDS to make pieces for a gala event on October 3 at the Tysons Corner Ritz Carlton. Super cool mission!

Piece by CON.

1 Comments:

Blogger Solutions Consulting Group said...

If I were a child...
I'd throw a tantrum 'til I got my way.
"I want that!"

7:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home