A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

4.25.2008

Bad cat tat


I troll lots of arty websites to be oh so au courant with the freshest trends and intelligence in the art world. And this is all I could come up with today: felines in art. A bad cat tat from C-Monster.



Daily blogging is much easier when your cat isn't sitting on the keyboard. Brought to us by Art Fag City.


Cash Brown, George, 2008, oil on canvas, 20 x 24 inches.

Also from Art Fag City:

Gustave Courbet’s The Origin of the World has inspired a great number of paintings since its execution in 1866, Australian artist Cash Brown amongst the most recent. “I have been thinking a lot about the concept of originality and the derivative nature of so much contemporary artwork”, says Brown, going on to explain, “This led me to think of the beginning of Modernism. Origin, original, beginning, it all seemed a bit obvious…but I liked that about it.” In other words, the root concept lies in the connection between the meaning of the word origin, Courbet’s titling, and contemporary interest in appropriation. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions about this project’s depth, and point to a few other variations by the artist here.

I think it's a notch above Dogs Playing Poker.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can haz a feer ov le chat noir.

11:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home