A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

1.13.2008

I edged out Heidi Klum!


The 15 for Philip show that opened last night at Curator's Office is terrific! The show was curated by artists Ian Jehle and Linda Hesh who asked 15 DC artists to make portraits of Philip Barlow, one of DC's most well-known and visible art collectors and patrons. It was so much fun to see all the different kinds of media used to portray him - video, sculpture, photography, and some other very conceptual pieces, and only one painting! I was especially partial to Kathryn Cornelius' piece. :) I know it was a close contest with Heidi and was within the margin of error, but thanks Kathryn for throwing it my way. I'll buy you that beer now.

FYI: That image of me was taken by award-winning photographer Bill Monet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home