A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

12.10.2007

Miami Basel 2007 Report (Part 2) - Art I Liked


My favorite piece from the big fair... a robotic claw by Arcangelo Sassolino, from Von Senger Gallery in Zurich. A museum in Lousiville called 21C bought it. Coincidentally, I met the curator William Morrow last year through Adam Stennett and we ran into each other again at one of the satellite fairs this year. 21C is dedicated solely to collecting and exhibiting contemporary art from the 21st century.



Pimp Juice created by Dzine, a Chicago-based Puerto Rican painter for Jeffrey Deitch's booth. It's a fully customized 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood low-rider that sports 14 speakers, a custom video mix playing on five screens, and special chrome and 24-carat gold hydraulics. Sweet!



Lots of skulls everywhere.




A video work by one of my favorite artists Julian Opie. The water actually moves. So cool.


Part photography, part performance art by Jennifer Towner, one of the artist who was featured on Art Star, a reality show about emerging artists. Season Two documents the lives of six graduating art students as they transition from art school the real art world.


Ok, I admit it. I walked over to look at this art because I saw cute kitties. But I became enamored when I learned more about this stained glass work by Judith Schaechter. This woman can draw!

There was a lot more art that I liked but too much to report on. Didn't buy a single thing. Very proud of myself. It was not easy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

"Pimp Juice." Hayl Yeah!

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home