A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

7.04.2007

City of Angels


Went to Los Angeles last weekend for Iona's opening at Sandroni Rey, which is located in a little arts district in Culver City. Several galleries along a three block stretch of La Cienega Boulevard opened shows the same night so it felt festive and fun, especially after the taco truck pulled up and the Cuervo people set up a table that flowed with free margaritas in the alley behind the galleries. Felt weird to walk around the opening receptions and not know anyone at all! Kinda forced me to look at the art, unlike when I go to openings here and spend most of my time shmoozing it up. Iona's show was, of course, fabulous. The Rubells bought the piece I wanted and a museum in Milwaukee bought my second choice. Although disappointed that I didn't get one, I'm glad those works went to such good homes.


Veronica and me poolside on the roof of our hotel, Le Montrose. The weather was absolutely perfect - dry warmth during the day and cool desert air in the evenings.

"If you're going to get into trouble, do it at the Marmont."

We had dinner at the Chateau Marmont one night - lovely garden setting and excellent service. And a great place for celebrity sightings. We spotted Sean Penn and Julianne Moore!


Couple things to add to the graffiti image collection from Venice Beach:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home