A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

2.08.2007

Cousin Roger


Visited Cousin Roger's lair again when I went to New York with Anne S last week. Brought along a posse, which seems to change characters (and I do mean characters) each time. First time I went, I had a hard time describing the uniqueness of Cousin Roger (and to think I fancy myself a writer!) but I think Sean Flaherty, the poet, captures Roger's essence in this little ditty written the very next day.

30 January 2007
Violent With Cold Honey

Slows at Roger's,
someone's panties in the sink,
takes time,
you can't sit
in class
and not play an instrument,
in a library
and not get sucked in
to learn,
re-learn,

in his basement,
a blank canvas shouts,
a blank sheet
howls
for the hospital mentality
to fill it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home