A person who appears to be ambling aimlessly, but is secretly in search of adventure.

8.17.2006

Steely Dan


Whenever I tell anyone that Steely Dan is my favorite band, either the person is indifferent or they tell me how much they hate Steely Dan. Some complain of the indecipherable lyrics. Well, gee, sorry you have to think about it a little. Some complain that it sounds like elevator music or smooth jazz. They just don't understand the complexity of the Dan's music. I think Steely Dan is fantabulous and the concert we saw at Nissan Pavilion last Sunday with fellow Dan Head Shawn Westfall was amazing. Michael McDonald opened for them--always did like the Doobie Brothers, too. I guess my musical tastes aren't too hip.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you say that this is an all time favorite then I'm getting it!

7:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on Steely Dan, and have been for a very a long time. And the doobies as well.

12:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home